Chantal Kayem’s philosophy on counselling is guided by her following beliefs and values:
- Everyone deserves to be heard and supported without judgement.
Chantal provides a caring, supportive and non-judgemental listening ear to every client.
- With new skills, one can make big changes.
Many people are not equipped to know how to manage their or their loved ones’ difficulties and emotions. Learning certain skills will better equip you to do this.
- It is in everyone’s power to better themselves and their lives.
Clients can create significant improvements when guided the right way.
When coming to see Chantal, you can expect:
- A non-judgemental listening ear.
Chantal listens with a professional, sympathetic, non-judgemental and objective listening ear.
- To be understood with empathy.
Chantal has the ability to understand other people’s experiences and emotions. With every client, she attempt to wholeheartedly put herself in their shoes and to understand their experience, stress, concerns and/or beliefs and views.
- To learn skills to help make the changes you want.
Chantal aims not only to understand and support her client’s experience but also to teach them skills to effectively manage their circumstances and to decrease the negative emotional impact that they are having on them and/or their loved ones.
You can also expect:
- To be better equipped with skills to make positive changes
- To feel more empowered and resilient to deal with your circumstances
- To be more aware of how you can improve you or your loved ones’ behaviours, emotions and circumstances